12V COIL INSTALLATIONS
1. Install coil in a position so that you can direct cool air over the coil. The preferred place is on the firewall. You may have to make up a longer coil wire for this. This wire is available at any auto parts store. It is very important to keep the coil cool.
2. An external coil ballast resistor will not be needed.
3. Hook up the green wire from the distributor to the negative (-) side of the coil. This wire is your life line. Be sure to secure if so it will not break.
4. The positive terminal on the coil is the positive (+) battery side of the coil. this wire should run to your on/off switch.
5. Check to make sure that the coil wire plugs in firmly to both the coil and the distributor cap.
6. The coil must be kept cool. Max temperature is 180°.
7. Drill a small hold through both coil wire end and terminals so you can secure the positive (+) and negative (-) wires on to the coil with a piece of safety wire.
Go back to 12V Coil Order Info
Go back Shopping Cart Index
Go back to Instruction Index