INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DISTRIBUTOR DRIVE PINION GEAR
1. Lay crankshaft in place with gears and bearings in place.
2. Put distributor pinion gear in hole without washers or spring.
3. Put distributor in hole with clamp attached in hole and mesh tangs into pinion gear. Clamp in place.
4. Measure end play where pinion gear bottoms out in case. Desired end play is .016" to .020".
5. Measure shims. Install thickness needed so end play is as per #4. Shims may be filed or ground to get desired end play.
6. Remove distributor and place washers (shims) in hole using grease to hold them in place. Install pinion gear.
7. Install spring in top of pinion gear and install distributor and clamp in place.
Go back to Distributor Drive Pinion Gear Order Info
Go back Shopping Cart Index
Go back to Instruction Index